Volunteer Opportunities at A Child's Haven
Volunteering enriches all those it touches, benefiting both the giver and the receiver. For a child, just one hour a week can make a real difference.
Visit www.givebacktoday.org for more information about volunteer opportunities at A Child's Haven.
Here are some ways you can get involved:
1. Assist with pony care
General responsibilities include:
- Bring in horses from the paddock as needed
- Help the students groom their ponies
- Help the students walk their ponies
- Clean stalls, tack room, & barn area
- Feed and water ponies
** Volunteers interested in the above need to be generally in good health and able to walk for 30 minutes or more at a time.
2. Work "Behind the Scenes" with administrative tasks and other activities
- Assist in the office
- Enter computer data
- Assist with mailings
- Make telephone calls
- Recruit volunteers
- Assist with public relations
- Share your graphic design skills
- Share your photography skills
- Help as a volunteer at our Pony Fun Day and Annual Open Barn
- Tell us your skills and how you would like to work with us!
- Work "Behind the Scenes" on Facility Maintenance
- Mow grass
- Build and repair fences
- Utilize individual skills such as carpentry, plumbing, etc.
- Assist with proper maintenance of pastures
Qualities of A Child Haven Volunteers
- Eager to Share
To be a volunteer, you must:
- Be at least 12 years old
- Complete an application
- Provide references
- Have an interview with our Director of Volunteer Services
- Attend a 1-hour orientation sessionComplete paperwork for criminal background check (if age 16 or older)
- Complete paperwork for criminal background check (if age 16 or older)
Please contact our Director of Volunteer Services, for more details concerning items on this page. We would love to talk with you!